I spent this past weekend back in my city by the bay, San Francisco. It felt so amazing to be home – clean air, the smell of blackberry bushes and
eucalyptus gum trees, with a favorite walk through my hood. I miss this city so much it was hard to leave to come back to Brooklyn. While I am happy to be home again (with my dog), I think it’s pretty safe to say that both B and I are San Franciscans (or Australian-San Franciscans) through and through. B had been there for a couple weeks already for an Automattic meetup, so he had plenty of time to enjoy the city and time with friends. I flew out directly after school on Thursday afternoon to meet him. The kids were so cute, they took one look at my carry-on and asked to come with!
I didn’t spend too much time with my camera out — instead, I opted to just keep my eyes out. Here are a few snaps from the weekend:
1) Friend/B’s fellow Automattician Rose’s wedding in Kenwood, CA, the
excuse reason for the quick trip out west. I borrowed this Nanette Lepore dress from my sister. I figured if she looked fantastic in it, so would I.
2) A stroll through the north east corner of SF, with seagulls to keep me company.
3) A Taqueria Cancun stop. OF COURSE! NYC just can’t get the mission burrito right.
4) A walk through my hood and the neighboring hood, with a stop at the rope swing on Billy Goat Hill.
5) A stop at Tartine with my favorite girls, Marisa and her 2 little munchkins.
I’ll probably be back sometime in February for the NYC DOE’s mid-winter break. In the meantime, I’ll have other SF blogs to keep me happy, such as Past The Mission and The Local Transplant. If you haven’t already entered the giveaway for a $100 LOFT card, click here for my last post and get in on it!